Burlington Police Department Officer Positions
Burlington Police Department
READING -- Chief Michael Kent is pleased to announced that the Burlington Police Department, in conjunction with Police Exam Solutions (PES), is searching for talented candidates to register for the upcoming Police Officer Entrance Exam.
The exam is scheduled for 9 a.m. on Saturday, June 23 at Marshall Simonds Middle School, 114 Winn St. Registration is open until 9 a.m. on Friday, June 22, or until maximum capacity is reached. The exam fee is $125 and is non-refundable.
Burlington is in the heart of the bustling metro area north of Boston, and has a population of 24,000 residents that increases to over 100,000 during each business day. The department is staffed by 68 full-time personnel, including 50 patrol officers. The department expects to fill as many as six open positions during this recruitment effort.
In order to be eligible for a position, all candidates must be able to meet the following basic qualifications:
Candidates are expected to arrive at the test site by 8:15 a.m. on the day of the test, and are required to bring the following materials:
- High School Graduate/GED equivalent
- Ability to obtain a valid Massachusetts Firearms License to Carry
- Be at least 21 years old on date of appointment
- Must have a valid Massachusetts driver’s license on date of appointment
- Must pass entrance examination, oral interviews and a background investigation
- Anyone seeking appointment to the Burlington Police Department should note that they must not have any tattoos or other body modifications that would be visible while wearing the department's summer duty uniform.
- Must pass a physical fitness test
- Must pass a psychological examination
- Must be a United States citizen
The multiple choice exam evaluates how candidates manage stress and responsibility as well as their emotional and interpersonal skills, work ethic, problem solving and levels of comprehension in reading, writing and math.
- Valid picture ID
- Resume and cover letter
- Official college transcript(s)
- DDFM 214 form, if applicable.
- Completed personal history statement
- Two No. 2 pencils
For further information, you can visit the PES website at https://www.policeexamsolutions.com/burlington-pd-exam or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do not contact the Burlington Police Department directly. All inquiries should be directed to PES.