HealthEdge is seeking an experienced Business Development Representative (BDR) to join our growing team. If you are a motivated individual contributor, have in-depth knowledge of the healthcare industry, are looking for a new challenge and want to be part of a highly-visible and collaborative team, we invite you to apply.
You’ll work to identify, develop and qualify new business prospects from multiple sources including inbound and outbound marketing campaigns, prospect lists, discovery and individual research. Your responsibility for delivering Marketing Qualified Leads (MQLs) each quarter is a welcome challenge, and your energy, professional persistence and ability to have thoughtful conversations with c-level health insurance executives is key. A background in healthcare, health insurance and/or provider experience is a must.
HealthEdge is an agile and innovative 21st century software company focused on providing next-generation, business-transforming technology products to the healthcare payor market. We enable our customers to radically innovate, drastically reduce costs, and efficiently address the business imperatives of the evolving healthcare economy. An award-winning company, HealthEdge is headquartered in Burlington, MA with a development office in Powell, OH.
You will be based in our Burlington, MA office daily. We have a fun and collaborative atmosphere!
- Creating demand for HealthEdge solutions through thoughtful and strategic cold calls and emails
- Working to identify and qualify opportunities through inbound and outbound lead follow-up
- Collaborating with various stakeholders in marketing and sales to support campaigns and initiatives with outreach and follow-up
- Learning prospect needs, behaviors and requirements via company segmentation and value propositions
- Qualifying opportunities based upon specific criteria and transitioning qualified opportunities to the appropriate sales executives for further development and closure
- Maintaining and expanding your database of prospects within your assigned territory
- Utilizing in-house technologies to record and measure activities and results
- Performing all job functions consistent with HealthEdge policies and procedures, including those which govern handling PHI and PII.
- Enterprise-level software inside sales, lead management and/or field sales experience
- In-depth knowledge of healthcare and/or health insurance market is required
- Experience selling into C-level executives
- Ability to keep prospects engaged through a 6-12+ months sales cycle
- A track record of over-achieving established goals
- Energetic and dynamic phone presence and experience dialing many calls per day
- Excellent writing skills with a focus on thoughtful, tailored written communications
- Experience working with Salesforce.com, and sales engagement software tools
- A desire to continuously learn and further refine your craft
- Strong listening and presentation skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- BA/BS degree or equivalent
- Take control of your earnings potential with competitive salary and benefits
- Have a meaningful impact on our business and play a key role in our success
- Join a growing, agile marketing and inside sales team that is focused on achieving results that move the business forward
- As we grow (and we’re growing fast!) you grow too
- HealthEdge is fundamentally changing the health insurance industry – be a part of something that’s never been done before!
- Spend your days in a fun, casual work environment