GENERAL SUMMARY: Reporting to the Director of Marketing and Development, the Development Manager 1) coordinates and manages the proposal generation and grant life cycle including research, grant writing, grant program design and implementation, compliance and grant reporting; 2) works closely with the Director of Marketing & Development to implement a strategic approach to identify and develop corporate, community and individual prospects for the agency’s fundraising priorities; 3) manages the agency’s social media strategy .
This is a part-time (25 hours/week) benefited position.
- Research and develop strategies, priorities, and calendar for funding proposals and applications for a variety of sources to fund various current and future initiatives.
- Write proposals, develop budgets, reports and other ancillary materials
- Operationalize internal processes for funding requests and reports, stewardship activities, and ongoing relationship cultivation with funders
- Assist in and monitor the implementation of the grants with program managers, ensure compliance requirements are met and establishes outcome reporting measures and documentation.
- Prepare reports on grant outputs and outcomes; coordinate input from program managers and meets deadlines from funders.
- Execute strategic approach to increasing individual donor base and corporate contributions
- Support planning and execution of annual fundraising events and appeals.
- Manage agency social media accounts
- Supports marketing and public relations related to grant funding as well as to other agency activities.
REQUIRED EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- A Bachelor’s Degree with significant experience and success with non-profit grant management, including proposal writing and reporting.
- Significant experience with donor cultivation required, including relationship-building, event planning, brand awareness, etc
- Experience using social media for business promotion
- Experience utilizing MS Office including Word and Outlook for email and calendaring.
- Familiarity with fundraising software and/or other data management programs.
PLEASE NOTE: A cover letter is required as it will be considered a writing sample and should include recent success with grant awards.